Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Jesus is King

Last night, Robby and I sat watching the election results until it was projected that President Obama would be re-elected.  While I had been praying for this election and knew that whoever won would do so only because God allowed, I was discouraged and disappointed.  Once the announcement was made, we didn't waste any time heading off to bed.  

This morning as I came down for my coffee and quiet time, I felt a heaviness and dread about what's going to  happen to our country over the next four years.  I pulled out my devotional book (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young) and turned to November 7.  This is part of what I read (written as if Jesus is speaking):

Your sense of security must not rest in your possessions
or in things going your way.  I am training you to depend 
on Me alone, finding fulfillment in My Presence.


One of the passages that was mentioned with today's devotion is Psalm 27:4-5, which says, 


One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek Him in his temple.
5 
For in the day of trouble
He will keep me safe in His dwelling;
He will hide me in the shelter of His sacred tent
    and set me high upon a rock.


Thank you, Lord Jesus, for the reminder that You are King, no matter what.  My security is in You, not in any man.  I will seek You and be comforted in your Presence.

I will pray for our country and for our President.  But I will keep my eyes fixed on things above and the eternal hope I have in Jesus--my Savior and Lord!

No comments: