Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Finally, I Begin

I've tried to get this blog going for a while now. I didn't know where to start. I've played around with the title, the theme, the first post, etc. until I was ready to give up. I've finally decided to go for it.

I don't know what this blog will be for me. I'm sure I will have pictures and stories about my children, family, and friends. But I also want it to be a place where I can record what God is doing in my life. He is teaching me so much right now and I want to be able to share that.

Hopefully not, but even though I'm getting started now, these first few months may be a little slow as I drag through my first trimester with baby #3. I was not prepared for how exhausting pregnancy would be with 2 little ones to chase after. Don't get me wrong, I'm elated to be expecting again, I'm just in those first few weeks of exhaustion, and I know I've still got several to go before I hit the wonderful second trimester.

I'll close with a verse from Galatians. I'm currently going through Beth Moore's study Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit. This study has challenged me and opened my heart the the whisperings of the Holy Spirit more than any other Bible study I've ever been a part of. I hope to write much more on this as the weeks go by.


But the fruit of the Spirit is
love, joy, peace,
patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness,
gentleness, and self-control.
Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

1 comment:

Melissa said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!! I love that this is your first post and I am your first commenter. I look forward to the wisdom and thoughts you will share...plus, i'm thinking about throwing the proverbial facebook towel and it makes me happy that you'll be post pictures elsewhere. you really might be one of the only reasons i check facebook. now that you're a blogger, my need for wasting time on fb is coming to an end.

i'll be praying for you as you deal with exhaustion. i love you!

m