Friday, March 11, 2011

A Dreaded Task

Of all the things necessary to keep a child's appearance in order, a haircut is my second most dreaded task.  Nail clipping comes in first only because it has to be done so much more often!  

But it was time.  I couldn't put it off any longer.  This mess needed attending to:




While she has very nice hair for a child her age, the bottom layer was getting long and stringy and the top layers were a mess of crazy curls.  It was also starting to look a little mullettish. 

But, oh how I was DREADING trying to keep her still long enough to cut it.  And the thought of taking her to a salon was even worse than the thought of doing it myself even though I have NO hair cutting abilities!

Today, however, we (Dora and I!!) tackled it!  Dora (the one on TV, not the one in her hands) provided us with entertainment that kept the crazy one still for a few minutes.  And I attempted to cut it...




I have to say, I was quite pleased with the results.






I tried to get a picture of the front, but apparently I was in her way of the TV.  The final evaluation will come this evening after she's napped, played, and generally wallowed herself to pieces. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she looks older with it trimmed!

Lorna Green said...

That last anonymous was from your Mama...

5birds01 said...

cute glad you and dora got it done