Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Tooth Fairy is Coming... Again!

OK, so as parents we always think our children are growing up too quickly. But this time, it's true! Emma is two weeks shy of her fifth birthday and just lost her second tooth. How is this possible?! :-)

Last time she wiggled it out by accident but this time it was a much slower process. The accidental pulling made her shy away from messing with it, so it's just been hang out--literally sideways--for weeks. About to drive me nuts, actually. She would only eat out of the side of her mouth and end up with food smeared on her cheek half way to her ear.

I was so fed up with the tooth that last night I told her I would tell the tooth fairy to bring her $10 if she would pull it right then. No deal. $20 if she would let me pull it right then. Again, no deal.

Tonight her daddy got a hold of her. He was very patient and gentle, and it FINALLY came out!!

But then I looked at my sweet baby girl with one big tooth half way in and a second baby tooth missing, and I wanted to put it back in her mouth.

I just hope we get a break from the loose teeth for a while. She doesn't need to lose any more before she starts kindergarten this fall! :-)

Here's my girl with her tooth under her pillow, ready for the tooth fairy's visit. 


No comments: