Friday, January 6, 2012

A New Year!

How in the world did it get to be 2012?!  Last year was probably the fastest year of my life.  And I'm afraid they're only going to get faster!

I'm not usually one to make New Year's resolutions, but this year I've had some things on my mind, and I decided to make a few.  I figure if I put them here, I'll have a little more accountability than if I just make a mental list and file it away in my brain that is still suffering the after effects of "baby brain" (three times over!).  So, in no particular order, here they are:


  1. Exercise more.  I got a bike and double trailer for Christmas, so I'm planning for this to be my main exercise outlet.
  2. Blog more, but spend less time online overall. Can you say, "Pinterest addiction?"
  3. Sew more. This is one area that has been greatly neglected since I became a mother of three!
  4. Pray more.  If you haven't read The Yada Yada Prayer Group series, you should.  It's fiction, but will challenge your prayer life!
  5. Memorize more scripture.  I want to know God's word so deeply that it is automatically the first thing that comes to mind or comes out of my mouth in every situation, whether good or bad, happy or sad.


So far, I'm doing OK.  I haven't touched my sewing machine yet, but I did take my children on a bike ride.  I was surprised how easy it was to pull Abby and Will.  I figured I would pass out about 4 houses down from ours, but we made it to the end of the road and back, no problem!  And it was a blast.  I can't wait to ride it a lot more!!  

I haven't memorized a new scripture yet, but I have spent a lot more time reading the Word, especially Psalm and Isaiah.  If you need help memorizing scripture and you have children, teach it to them and you will learn it too.  Before Thanksgiving, I taught Emma Psalm 100.  We worked on it when we were in the car, mostly on our way to drop her off at school (literally only a 5 minute ride).  One line at a time, and after a few weeks, she could say the whole thing.  Still can.  And I can too.  It was the best way I've found to learn verses.  So she and I will be learning a lot more in the year to come!

If you've made resolutions this year, I hope you will find a way to keep yourself accountable.  I hope I will too!  I feel like I always have the best of intentions and then fail to follow through so often--not just with resolutions, but with things in every area of my life.  

Happy New Year!

No comments: