Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Green Zone

Ok, all you mamas. What do you think?

Compared to my pregnancies with my girls, this one is very different. I had very little sickness with either of them, but this time, I have an upset tummy pretty much all day. I have frequent headaches, too. I also have less energy than I did with either of the girls... although that could be their fault and not baby related at all!

What I want to know is........ what do you think the chances are of us having a boy?!?

Of course, we will not be upset if we're having another girl, but we would love to have a boy. I'm just wondering if that's what's making me feel so differently this time around.

Or, could this baby be displaying more of Robby's genes, girl or boy? Just a curious biology thought I've had. Emma is my mini-me, as you know, and I had very little "green zone" time when I was pregnant with her. Abby favors me less than Emma, but definitely favors me (or at least my side--many people say she looks like my brothers) more than she favors Robby. I had a little more sickness with her, but not much. So, could I be working on a child that will finally favor their father? I would like that!

I go this Thursday for my first ultrasound. I should also get my official due date. I'm really just counting the weeks until I get to 12--4 more to go! Hopefully, I will come through all the yuckiness by then and it won't carry on into the 2nd trimester. We shall see, I guess...

4 comments:

Rene' said...

My baby boy definitely made me sick but I haven't had a girl to compare it to. Those Green genes are very strong for sure. ;) I do hope you are having a boy though- I think its time for a little man in the O'Dell family. Love you! :)

Kara said...

Well, my pregnancies were definitely different, but in the opposite way of yours. My Kinsley made me so sick that I was negative weight at 19 weeks and it was a tough pregnancy to the end. I was even nauseous again in my 3rd trimester. For my Ruddick, it was a breeze. Not much sickness at all and my goodness, I ate all day long (and all night sometimes). I hope it is a boy you are carrying, but you would also make a great momma to 3 girls. ;) Hugs and miss you!

Christina said...

I have only been pregnant once, so I don't have another one to compare it to. But, with Reives, I never felt too sick, unless my stomach got empty. I was EXTREMELY tired, though (until I was about 11 weeks.) I hear people say every pregnancy is different. I am pulling for a boy so Reives and Eli have another little boy to play with!

Unknown said...

My precious little Eli definitely made me sick every afternoon until about week 14. Then it was unrelentless gallbladder pain from 20 weeks until the end! Now that I've had my gallbladder removed, I would like to have a girl so I can compare the two pregnancies and actually enjoy being pregnant :) And Bek, I think you're having a boy this time. ...Or maybe I'm just willing you to have a boy this time since I'd love Eli to have a cousin he can play with his age!