Monday, April 11, 2011

Well, Good Grief!

As if this little boy hasn't caused enough trouble already!  I went for my 28 week appointment today and discovered that my head-down little man is now in the frank breech position (rear end down with his legs up and feet by his ears).  My doctor said there is still plenty of time for him to flip back, and the ultrasound tech said that I have a lot of amniotic fluid, which will aid in helping him flip.  But good grief!  I've just had a feeling through this whole pregnancy that he is going to be breech at term, and I'm going to have a c-section after having two great regular deliveries.  I did a little research online when I got home and I read that 25% of babies are breech at 28-32 weeks and only 3% are breech at delivery.  So here's to praying that we aren't part of that 3%!

I also found out today that I tested positive for Group B Strep, which isn't a big deal.  I just have to be on an antibiotic when I deliver him.  

So far with this pregnancy I felt worse at the beginning, had the subchorionic hematoma and 8 weeks of bed rest, he had a hot spot on this heart at 20 weeks (which meant nothing and is now gone), he is breech, and I tested positive for Group B Strep.  I've decided I like being pregnant with girls better! :-)  

Thank the Lord, he is perfectly healthy.  And if it takes a c-section to get him here, well so be it.  I just hope he isn't trying to show me what kind of trouble he's going to get into once he gets here! haha!

On a sweeter note, he has the most precious, chubby little face and already has lots of hair.  He weighs a little over 2 lbs and is a MOVER!  The ultrasound tech was laughing at how much he moves.  She didn't tell me anything I didn't already know! :-)

It's hard to believe that he will be here in about 12 weeks.  I know they're going to fly by and I can't wait!  I think because of all the issues I've had this time, I feel like I've been pregnant for a year.  And while I love being pregnant and I'm not ready for it to be over, I am really looking forward to having my sweet boy in my arms!

1 comment:

Rene' said...

Presley was a whole lot of trouble on the inside but an absolute angel on the outside (so far at least!!) so here's hoping Will follows suit! :)