We are leaving for vacation with Robby's family this coming Saturday. Because of that, Emma is missing her last day of preschool and the end-of-the-year program, which are both next Tuesday. I was not looking forward to missing the end of her 3K year. But I kept telling myself, "It'll be fine, it's just preschool," hoping I would actually believe it.
A few weeks ago, I realized her class was practicing for the program almost every day. So I spoke with the preschool director, and she graciously allowed me to come this morning to watch their last practice. Emma gets a little timid when she's on stage, so even with me, my mama, and my sister being the only audience members, it took her a little while to warm up. But she finally joined in with the rest of the children and sang, did the pledges, and quoted her memory verses.
Last year at this time, I really debated whether or not to send Emma to 3-year-old preschool. I didn't want to send her just because that seems to be the thing to do now. What finally made my decision was (1) it was only 3 hours, 2 mornings a week and (2) I knew I could pull her out if it wasn't working. Well, she LOVED every second of it. And that timid personality I mentioned--this year did wonders for that! She has thrived in preschool! I think she's in denial that she doesn't get to go to school this summer! :-)
I cannot believe how fast this year has gone. My sweet little girl has finished her first year of "school." Wow! I can only imagine how fast the next 14 years are going to go, and I know when I sit at her high school graduation it'll feel like I wrote this post only yesterday. How is it that our children make time go so much faster???
I'll finish with a few pictures.
First Day of School, back in August
Last Day of School, on stage with her classmates
This is the face she gets when she's uncomfortable
But she perked up and join in the singing
No comments:
Post a Comment