Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Last Two Weeks

May is already half way over, and I don't know where it's gone!  I cannot believe how fast the last two weeks have flown.  We have this week coming up, when Emma finishes her first year of preschool, and the next week, when we will be on vacation.  Then it's June -- holy cow!  

We've had a lot going on this month, and I've gotten a little behind on my posting.  So let's see...

We moved Abby to her new room and her new bed in preparation for the baby's arrival.  We wanted her to be well settled before he gets here.  It took her a few days, but overall she's done very well.  

Her first night, FINALLY asleep!

One of her first nap times was spent unloading the clothes in her dresser.

After falling out 2 of the first 4 nights, we completely blocked her in.  She's done much better since we added the second two rails (yes, the one at the foot of the bed is necessary--she fell off the end the second time!).  We're wondering if it makes her feel more like being in her crib?



Mother's Day felt like it slipped up on my this year.  We had a nice weekend at home, and my girls and Robby gave me a gift certificate for a prenatal massage.  I'm definitely looking forward to that!!!




Next, this past Thursday, I had another ultrasound to check the position of our little man.  And Praise the Lord, he is head down!!!  He is still healthy and growing rapidly!  He is almost 5 lbs, and the ultrasound tech said he could double his weight between now and the end.  My only thought was, "Say WHAT?!"  She actually used the words "ten pounds."  I'm hoping and praying she has overestimated.  After 6.5 and 7 lb babies, I can't imagine having one that big!  We'll see, I guess...



Finally this weekend, my sister and mama hosted a baby shower for me.  There isn't a whole lot I need this time around, but there were a few things.  The shower was very nice and we had a great group of ladies join us.  My extremely talented sister painted the letters of Will's name to match the bedding.  It's finally sinking in that we're having a boy.

 No more pink gingham!


Many thanks to my amazing sis!


Not quite finished, but at least it's on it's way to looking like a boy room.



I think that hits the the major details of the last two weeks.  I may have to do another two week post once we get home from vacation.  We'll see how this week goes...

1 comment:

Rene' said...

Is Abby's bed your and Lizzy's old bed from the pastorium??